Ellie Foster - Social Services and Health Care Foundation Apprentice
1. How did you find out about Foundation Apprenticeships?
Through school/my guidance teacher
2. What type of Apprenticeship did you/are you doing? (Business Skills, Engineering ect)
Social Services and Health Care
3. Which employer did you do/are you doing your Apprenticeship with?
I started my placement with Cameron Court to start off with, then moved a couple of months later to Varis Court where I spent majority of my placement.
4. What career did/do you want to do when you leave Secondary School?
Before my apprenticeship I wanted to be a social worker. However, now I am now going to university to do Religious Studies and Professional Education.
5. What subjects did/do you enjoy in Secondary School?
English, Drama, History, RMPS, Skillforce, Biology, Philosophy.
6. Why did you decide to do an Apprenticeship?
The work experience side appealed to me and I also wanted to see if this was the route I really wanted to take.
7. What did/do you enjoy most about your Apprenticeship?
I enjoyed meeting new people and the new learning environment in both college and my placement. I liked being able to develop myself as a person and being able to relate to the people supporting me. The people I met during this apprenticeship had done similar routes which gave me inspiration.
8. What did you learn during your Apprenticeship?
I learnt many things to do with health care which helped me become more understanding when it came to doing new tasks. The transferable skills I learnt means that I can use these for my future which I have found very beneficial. I also learnt more about myself, being able to achieve my targets and succeed.
9. What advice would you give to anyone else considering an Apprenticeship?
Make sure you are always willing to learn and improve!