Are you looking for a new role in Practice, due to company growth an opportunity has arisen to join a team, who are frankly one of the nicest team of people ever!! Working for a well-established Elgin Accountancy firm, who are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity for a tech savvy person who wants to learn more about cloud-based technology working in a forward thinking Practice.
As an Accounts Assistant, you carry out the following duties:
- Bookkeeping for clients using spreadsheets or cloud accounting software such as IRIS, Sage, Xero and QuickBooks
- Supporting preparation of payrolls, weekly and monthly
- Preparation of submission of VAT returns
- Answering client phone calls / emails and helping with queries
- Time management and prioritising urgent work
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with clients and other members of staff
- Reception duties, meeting and greeting clients, when required
To be successful in the role
- Previous experience working with an Accountancy Practice, preferred
- Accounting qualifications an advantage.
- Minimum of B grade National 5 Maths and English or equivalent
- Good IT skills: MS Office Suite and able to pick up new software quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personable and enjoy working as a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Competitive salary, depending upon any previous experience
- Blended working between home / office, part time hours also considered
- Forward thinking company who embraces technology.
- The successful candidate will enjoy being part of firm that truly values their staff members’ personal and career development, where ACCA study support is available to progress to qualified status.
- Above average salary for the area with 30 days holiday per annum.
- Within walking distance of all major good public transport links, with on and off-street parking.
To apply - https://recruitmentbee.current...