About the Role
We have a permanent job opportunity in our restaurant and are looking for individual who is passionate about cookery and has a flair for creating fresh, high quality dishes from scratch.
If you are interested in joining our hardworking, restaurant team who strives to deliver a 5-star visitor experience to our customers, see how to apply below.
You will be
- preparing, cooking and presenting items from our main menu
- ensuring the quality of dishes are of a high standard on all occasions
- maintaining good stock control and storage of food, equipment and cleaning items
- assisting the Head Chef as and when required
- adhering to food safety procedures at all times
- ensuring the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen
This role is 37.5 hours per week (working hours being 5 days out of 7). Full flexibility is required.
You will have
- have excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- have knowledge of food allergies and impacts
- have a passion for sourcing and utilising local fresh ingredients and making dishes from scratch
- experience of working in a busy, fast-paced kitchen where food is made to order
- attention to detail in the presentation of food and commitment to quality
- enthusiasm for discovering new food trends and contributing ideas to the daily ‘specials’ items and menu change.
Please apply, enclosing your CV and indicating your current remuneration package to: HR Department, Johnstons of Elgin, Newmill, Elgin, Moray, IV30 4AF or email firstname.lastname@example.org