Are you looking for a job where you can head to work each day knowing that you will make a positive difference to someone else’s life and gain a qualification?
At Inspire, we believe that the people we support should be at the heart of all that we do. This influences the way that we approach our work, both with individuals and how we operate as an organisation.
Working with Inspire, you will become a vital part of our team supporting local people with learning disabilities across Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire, Moray or Angus.
Our Modern Apprenticeship offers a chance to develop in your role as a Support Worker whilst working towards an SVQ 2 or 3 (SCQF Level 6 or 7) in Health & Social Care. This position, which is for the 16–24-year-old age group, involves hands-on training and offers great opportunities for career progression and to earn as you learn.
The Modern Apprenticeship programme is for a fixed term contract of 1 year, with the opportunity to move to a permanent Support Worker contract upon successful award.
A Support Worker’s job can be very varied but here is an idea of what you could be getting up to on a regular basis whilst working with Inspire:
- Identifying new opportunities for integration, participation, and inclusion for the people we support, both within our services and the wider community.
- Accompanying people on outings such as to the shops or to attend social events.
- Participating in household tasks, including cleaning, cooking, ironing, washing etc. while encouraging the people we support to join in.
- Maintaining people’s dignity through the provision of quality personal care, depending on individual needs.
- Working as part of a rota, which includes evenings and weekends.
What we offer
As an employer, we understand the importance of developing and rewarding our staff, which is why we:
- Pay permanent staff above the Scottish Living Wage
- Put all new starts through a 5–7-day induction and training program before their first shift
- Offer the chance to buy and sell annual leave
- Provide a competitive sick pay entitlement
- Have a six times life assurance policy and great company pension contribution
- Support through your Qualification with our own in house SQV assessors.
We do operate various shifts (evenings, weekends, public holidays, sleepovers etc.) so we do require an element of flexibility from our staff.
Please also be aware that disabled or young carers / care experienced applicants up to the age of 29 are eligible to apply for this post.
Work with us to support people with learning disabilities and additional support needs. Empower life choices.
To find out more about starting your career with Inspire, have a scroll through our website, where we have more information about the work we do.
To Apply - https://inspireptl.current-vac...