Working as a member of Care at Home without direct supervision in service user’s homes to provide support including personal care and domestic service. Support will be delivered in accordance with an agreed service plan based on a person centred/rehabilitation approach. The aim of the post is to support frail elderly, physically disabled and vulnerable people in their own home to enable them to maintain their ability to live independently within their community.
- To support service users to accomplish those tasks relating to their independence and maintenance of personal care, physical health and mobility within their homes.
- To provide domestic support.
- To assist service users to maintain good standards of nutrition.
- To work as a member of Home Care maintaining contact with others and attending meetings and training as required.
- To maintain the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst providing support.
- Use Technology as directed by the Management Team.
- Awareness of social, emotional and physical needs of frail, disabled and vulnerable people.
- Good standard of literacy in order to record information accurately.
- Requirement to register with SSSC within the first 6 months of employment.
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative.
- Ability to be flexible in relation to working hours.
- Active listening and verbal communication skills for effective interaction with service users and staff at all levels.
- Positive attitude and ability to respect needs of service users.
- You will be expected to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations within Moray to meet the operational requirements of the Service. Due to the rural nature of Moray this is normally undertaken by use of a car.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Appreciation, acceptance of and a commitment to the importance of confidentiality.
- Must be physically able to undertake a range of movements when carrying out personal care and domestic tasks.
- Must be able to handle equipment/people in accordance with moving and handling regulations.
- Flexibility to meet the needs and demands of the service.
Please note access to your own vehicle is essential for this post.
All Social Care Assistants are provided with a Moray wide contract.
Social Care Assistants work 6.5 hour shifts per day. Shift working hours are 7am to 1.30pm and 4pm to 10.30pm.
Depending on availability in each area typical contracts are relief, 13 hours per month, 6.5 hours per week, 13 hours per week, 19.5 hours per week, 26 hours per week & 32.5 hours per week. Weekend workers are also required.
For further information, please contact Jenny Nicholson, tel: 07971 139 732
To Apply - https://www.myjobscotland.gov....