Ask 5: Create an inclusive and fair workplace
Ensuring a working environment that is supportive of all young people and provides fair work.
To commit to Ask 5: Create an inclusive and fair workplace, you could adopt fair working practices through:
- Paying your employees the Living Wage
- Taking action to combat the gender pay gap
- Creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace
- No inappropriate use of zero hours contracts
- Investing in the development of your staff
- Getting recognised such as with a trade union to have appropriate channels for staff voice
The Young Person’s Guarantee is funded by the Scottish Government and is a commitment to bring together employers and young people and with the aim of connecting every 16–24-year-old in Scotland with a job, work placement, training, or volunteering opportunity.
To join the Young Person’s Guarantee, it’s simple! Whether it’s one, two, three, four, or five, you can choose how many of the 5 Asks you commit to.
Over 120 businesses and organisations across Scotland, including several in your local area, have already joined the Young Person’s Guarantee. Are you going to be next?
To get involved with the Young Person’s Guarantee, contact firstname.lastname@example.org today!
For further information, visit: bit.ly/WhyYPG-MOR